Our experience/credentials: (Strand News) is a well respected news agency that has been covering the Royal Courts of Justice, in London - Britain’s biggest single news source – for many years. Our media customers have come to rely on us for fast and accurate reports from the various divisions of the High Court and Court of Appeal.
Our current clients:
- Our client list includes national newspapers, radio and TV stations, and effectively every major provincial paper within the UK.
Why we are introducing the service:
We have developed the site to improve our service and to introduce new clients to our work. Our web site will help our customers keep track of the stories as they break.
We are keenly aware that the news media is an ever-changing environment. Strand News will use developments in technology to make the news process easier for everyone - in future, reporters will be able to download stories direct from the site.
How the service operates:
- Strand News covers events in the key London courts. Each day we publish on this site, the headlines from each of these stories – we provide the names of the personalities featured, the Court and the location.
- For each report which we headline, we also develop a full report which can vary from around 300 to 800 words. To see sample full reports click here
If you wish to buy the full report simply phone Strand News on 0207 353 1300, or email the editor at email@example.com
The full report will sent to you by fax or email as you prefer.
We provide full Terms and Conditions on the site, but we would stress that:
- if any use is made of any of the images or copy on this site for which payment has not been made, we will not hesitate to take legal remedies to protect our copyright.
- we are highly responsible operators with many years experience in reporting this news. However, despite all efforts to achieve accuracy we can make no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or fitness for purpose of any material on this web site.
Other Useful Resources
We have identified the following sites covering legal issues which we hope will be useful to you:
Cjsonline.gov.uk: The Criminal Justice System of England and Wales.
Home Office.gov.uk/justice: Includes sections on the coroners, courts, criminal justice system, police, police reform, prisons, probation, sentencing, and terrorism.
Youth Justice-board.gov.uk: Step through the youth justice system. This is to help you understand how the Youth Justice System works, what and who is involved.
Butterworths.com: Butterworths LexisNexis Direct is the UK's premier portfolio of online information services for today's legal professional.
Chambers and partners.com: Legal publishers Published every year since 1990, The Chambers UK Guide to the Legal Profession ranks solicitors and barristers in over 60 specialist areas of law.
Sweet and Maxwell.co.uk: A leading publisher and provider of integrated solutions for the legal and regulatory markets.
Services and Information:
Jisc Legal.ac.uk: JISC Legal is a free information service offering high quality legal information
to further and higher education relating to the use of information.
Law Society.org.uk: Law Society of England and Wales. Extensive legal information including details of policy, and training advice.
Slso.org.uk: The Scottish Legal Services Ombudsman investigates complaints about the way in
which a professional body has handled a complaint.